The Many Faces of… Guy Pearce

As we are quickly approaching another weekend, for which I hope you have some cool things planned, it’s that time of the week for a new installment of the Friday Faces. This week’s actor is Guy Pearce. This Australian actor has an impressive list of movies to his name. Before he started his acting career he was a competitive amateur bodybuilder. He started acting in the theatre and slowly gained fame by appearing as Mike Young in the Australian soap opera Neighbours. In 1994 he starred in The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert which meant his big break after which he appeared in big movies like Memento, L.A. Confidential and the Hurt Locker. After the break an overview of the many faces of Guy Pearce.

So what is my favorite role of his? It has to be in one of the movies he was in that I gave a 10, Memento. In this movie, which was directed by Christopher Nolan, he plays Leonard Shelby, who suffers from short-term memory loss and is trying to catch the man who killed his wife using notes and tattoos on his body.

What’s your favorite Guy Pearce role?

• Scott Lawlor says:

Cool!!

I remember this dude in Neighbours!! Boy done good huh?

May favourite, after Memento, has to be his role in Animal Kingdom,

Great work matey

November 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I never saw Neighbours…but he did good! His role in Animal Kingdom wasn’t that big, but he was very good in that.

November 19, 2011 at 3:40 pm
  • Russell_Oz says:

Nice post mate!

I always knew that Guy Pearce looked different in a lot of different roles but it didn’t really hit me of how many until you posted all the images! The guy’s a chameleon!

I agree with you re favourite movie, Memento stands out as my personal favourite too. Followed by his role in The Proposition….he was brutal, unflinching, and unforgiving in that one. The third favourite would be The Hard Word.

November 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Yeah, he really knows how to change his appearance, just like some other actors that came through on some of the past Friday Faces.

I still have to watch The Proposition, but it was already on my radar.

November 19, 2011 at 3:42 pm
  • scarletsp1der says:

Another fun choice for Friday Faces! Guy Pearce!

my favorite role of his? hmm, I really like The Count of Monte Cristo a lot. He played the part so well! Hated how little of him we saw in The Road.

Nice work!!!

November 19, 2011 at 4:06 am

Thanks! Didn’t see The Count of Monte Cristo…

November 19, 2011 at 3:43 pm
      • scarletsp1der says:

REALLY?? You MUST watch it my friend!! a fantastic piece. One of the very best revenge films out there based on a classic tale!

November 20, 2011 at 3:41 am
  • Rodney says:

Guy Pearce is a great actor – yet he hardly seems to get the recognition he deserves… Memento is among my favorite roles of his, as well as the Proposition (Russell_Oz got in before me!) – what a classy bloke!

November 19, 2011 at 6:06 am

I would love to see more of him in lots of more movies as well!

November 19, 2011 at 3:44 pm
  • Andina says:

What a coincidence, I just watched Memento and the review would be up for next week :) The latest of him would be in ‘King’s Speech’. I didn’t realize that he have so much role, especially dressed as a woman.

November 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Looking forward to your review!

November 19, 2011 at 3:44 pm
  • Tyler says:

I love PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT. Such an offbeat, quirky, funny movie. It really is difficult to believe Guy Pearce is that guy/girl.

November 20, 2011 at 2:40 am

Never saw that…it didn’t appeal to me..

November 26, 2011 at 4:33 pm
  • Castor says:

My favorite of his would be LA Confidential although he was great in Memento too.

November 20, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I think Guy Pierce is one of those people that can play bad guy, good guy, anti-hero real well. Although his face might intimidate people, I feel, he still manages to act out most characters convincingly.

November 22, 2011 at 10:22 am