The Many Faces of… Robert Downey Jr.

An overview of the roles of Robert Downey Jr. pictures

It’s the end of the week, which means the weekend is about to start and a new installment of “The Many Faces of…” is here. This week’s choice is Robert Downey Jr, who started his acting career at the age of 5. His parents were both actors. His father has a drug problem and unfortunately it is something he shared with his son, who later had issues with them as well. Initially his star rose quickly, but during the nineties he was arrested several times and even had to go to jail. He managed to get back into the spotlight and rose to fame again.

An overview in pictures of the roles of Robert Downey Jr.

Picking a favorite is not difficult as that is his role in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It’s such a funny an unique movie.

What’s your favorite Robert Downey Jr. role?

Check out other actors/actresses in “The Many Faces of…” here

• soiblog2 says:

Sherlock Holmes

March 23, 2012 at 7:20 am

Still have not seen the second movie, but I quite liked the first one.

March 23, 2012 at 3:38 pm
  • thethrussellproject says:

I really want him to host the Oscars, as for favourite role I actually quite liked The Soloist and Zodiac is a good one.

Keep these features coming, love them!

March 23, 2012 at 2:42 pm

He probably would be a great Oscar host. He really is an actor with lots of charisma and he would be able to pull it of.

Don’t worry, will be doing so!

March 23, 2012 at 3:39 pm

He has made a brilliant comeback and rightly so. He’s a fantastic actor. Love him as Tony Stark – I can’t imagine anyone else in that role and that’s exactly what an actor needs to do. Same with Sherlock Holmes. Excellent work.

I have a soft spot for his stint on Ally McBeal – just loved him on it! Haven’t seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang yet but it’s on my list!

March 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Yes, although I did think that his character wasn’t as slick as in the second one.

Yeah, I remember him being on there and being suprised by it. You should watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, it’s such a clever and funny movie. One I’ve rewatched many times!

March 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm
    • rtm says:

Oh right he was on Ally McBeal! I quite like that show, and Downey was great in it.

March 23, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I’m with you on Kiss Kiss Bang Bang! Love the hell out of that movie. Shane Black’s script and direction are amazing and Kilmer and RDJ make a great double act! RDJ has also made Iron Man one of my favourite comic book movies! I think he made a great Chaplin too.

March 23, 2012 at 6:32 pm

It’s a movie that never gets boring and I’ve seen it several times….

March 28, 2012 at 9:51 am
  • rtm says:

Great pick today Nostra! I’ve always liked RDJ’s work ever since I saw him in Less Than Zero, so heartbreaking to watch as he was still into drugs at the time, it’s like watching art imitating life & vice versa. He’s so versatile, great in dramas, comedies, action, etc. and so it’s great to see him back in top form w/ Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes.

P.S. There’s an extra ‘J’ there on his last name on the title of this post :)

March 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Ruth, was a bit busy so have not been able to respond any sooner.

Have changed it…thanks for mentioning it…I missed it!

March 28, 2012 at 9:51 am
  • Craig says:

For a long time, one of my favourite actors. In my opinion, he’s movie viewing gold, even in lesser movies.

March 23, 2012 at 11:12 pm
  • Castor says:

I guess Iron Man made him cool again but I would have to pick Sherlock Holmes as my favorite character of his. And obviously his turn in Tropic Thunder was pure genius.

March 26, 2012 at 3:00 am

I really watched Tropic Thunder because of that role…amazing how you could come up with something like that, but he does it perfectly.

March 28, 2012 at 9:52 am

I don’t think I have a favorite role, but I have always found RDJ to be pretty enjoyable.

March 28, 2012 at 7:48 am

So have I Eric!

March 28, 2012 at 9:53 am
  • Daniela Luna says:

I love him… everything he does!!

May 13, 2012 at 6:13 am