The Monday Question: No Movies!

It won’t come as a big surprise that as a movie blogger movies are a big part of my life. I probably average close to one movie a day and spent lots of time reading and writing about them. Which made me wonder what my life would be like if there were no movies. I’m sure I would have another hobby I would spend lots of time on.

So this week’s question:
What would you do with your time if there were no movies?

Moviewatching is the only thing I enjoy as I do have other interests. I enjoy playing the piano, gaming and cooking and would probably spend more time on those. I’m the kind of person that needs a hobby I can put a lot of energy into. Instead of movie watching I’d probably be gaming more and instead of blogging about movies I guess I would be creating music.

What would you do with your time if there were no movies?

• Ruth says:

I would find solace in TV shows (assuming they haven’t disappeared with movies!). I just finished a marathon of a random series I found in 2 days…good thing I’m on holidays and have spare time! But apart from TV I’d probably read more, play piano more, study more (thanks very much uni…) haha. It’s hard to imagine a world without film!

July 9, 2012 at 4:26 am

I guess spend more time out doing physical activities and if theatre is available it will most probably take the place of movies.

July 9, 2012 at 4:37 am

I would probably play more video games and/or read a lot more books. Television and sports could help fill the void as well.

July 9, 2012 at 7:01 am
  • sati says:

Probably learn for my studies, finally :)

July 9, 2012 at 7:47 am

Great question! It’s a pretty unbearable thought. I hope cameras still exist. If there were no movies then I’d invent them by making them. I’d make documentaries about everything around me and maybe some super low-budget action films where I get to do all the silly stunts! Oh and I’d read a hell of a lot more books!

July 9, 2012 at 9:28 am
  • Emil says:

I’d probably spend time watching all those TV series that I keep hearing about but never check out. Or maybe I’d devote more time to books.

July 9, 2012 at 9:33 am

I would probably be back online gaming… I used to love that but recently I have hardly picked up a pad.

July 9, 2012 at 9:39 am

I would probably fill the time with catching up with TV. Old/past shows I never saw, like Friday Night Lights, and the sort. Gaming too. Reading. Gardening. Sunday afternoons I usually watch a film, but if there were no movies, I’d probably spend that Sunday afternoon in the garden.

July 9, 2012 at 11:45 am

No movies?? Well then I’ll catch up on TV watching… or blogging, ahah. There are actually a bunch of stuff I could do, I’d like to go back to my reading, too.

July 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm
  • VictorsMovieReviews says:

My fiction reading would increase, and I would add more shows to my DVR list.

July 9, 2012 at 6:17 pm
  • Tim The Film Guy says:

Watch TV haha :D

July 9, 2012 at 6:33 pm
  • AndyWatchesMovies says:

It would free up a lot of time for video games and reading, that’s for sure…

July 9, 2012 at 7:16 pm
  • jackdeth72 says:

Hi, all:

Not much of a gamer. I’d spend time catching up on classic Tome Wolfe, Ross Thomas, Joe Gores as many David Drake’s ‘Hammers’ Slammers’ stories as I could. Then I’d work on my poems, Haikus and short stories.

July 10, 2012 at 12:42 am
  • Inspired Ground (@InspiredGround) says:

I’d probably back to my hobby before, which is taking pictures (now still, though not much). Maybe find another hobby, or blogging about something else.

July 10, 2012 at 3:24 am
  • Ben says:

TV shows are my second love. I’m in a constant struggle between my next film to watch or finishing a tv series I’ve started. I would still be on my sofa though.

July 10, 2012 at 11:46 pm
  • The Cinemaniac says:

“What would you do with your time if there were no movies?”

Easy: I’d commit seppuku. :)

July 11, 2012 at 3:01 pm
  • Novroz says:

It’s been a while since I last visited your blog :)

If there is no movie, I can still live on through books…I always enjoy books as much as movies

July 12, 2012 at 2:44 pm