The Many Faces of… Kate Winslet

The Many Faces of... Kate Winslet

Welcome to another great “Friday Faces”, this week starring Kate Winslet. Winslet was born in 1975 (same year as me!) and studied drama when growing up. She landed her first role in 1991 in the TV series Shrinks. After this she did several other TV shows and made the step into movies in 1994 as Juliet Hulme in Heavenly Creatures. After this she quickly became famous after appearing in Titanic, which broke all records at the time. She has starred in a lot of great movies and earned an Oscar with her role as Hanna Schmitz in The Reader. An overview of her roles after the jump.

Picking my favorite role in this case is easy as I will pick my favorite movie out of the ones she has appeared in, which is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

What is your favorite Kate Winslet role?

• The Focused Filmographer says:

Happy Friday Faces!! Kate Winslet. Nice choice. She has been in quite a few roles. The problem for me with her is when she does so many roles that appear similar. (does that make sense?)

I like it when she is different (such as in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

I didn’t mind her in The Life of David Gale. Been meaning to watch Revolutionary Road for sometime now. Perhaps I will here shortly.

Nice post today, as always! Have a great weekend!

January 13, 2012 at 12:04 pm

There are quite a lot of her movies I still have to see. As for her playing the same type of roles I really don’t have that feeling, but I might have to see more of her.

Have a nice weekend as well!

January 13, 2012 at 12:21 pm
  • Claire Packer says:

I love, love, love Kate. She’s one of my favourite actresses.

I’m not sure what my favourite role of hers is… Too many to chose from! When it was her birthday I did a post about the three films of hers that I haven’t seen but would like to: The Reader, Heavenly Creatures and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Hopefully I’ll see them all soon.

January 13, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Of those Heavenly Creatures is the only one I have not seen yet. I suggest you watch Eternal Sunshine first as it is an amazing movie.

January 17, 2012 at 11:10 am
  • Andina says:

I think one of the reasons people love Kate Winslet because she have a great inner beauty (and beautiful!), and seem approachable. I still haven’t watch her in Heavenly Creatures. But she surprised me in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I read that it’s her favorite role. Nice pick, Nostra

January 14, 2012 at 1:53 am

She does look like an actress who is very confident about her abilities and it shows in her acting

January 17, 2012 at 11:11 am

I think Kate is a great example of beauty with brains. I love how she’s never given in to the Hollywood dream by trying to go for size 0 or doing scandalous things. She’s matured like a true lady. One of the best actress of our generation.

January 15, 2012 at 5:51 am

Thanks for commenting Raghav!

January 17, 2012 at 11:12 am
  • Lesya says:

She is lovely!
    I have to go for her depiction of April in Revolutionary Road.

February 3, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Still have to watch that, but I do have it in my DVD collection :)

February 6, 2012 at 10:56 am