The Many Faces of… Cate Blanchett

Overview of the roles of actress Cate Blanchett

Cate Blanchett is this week’s star of “The Many Faces of…”. She was born in 1969 in Melbourne, Australia. As she grew up her interest was in acting, did plays and started appearing in TV shows in 1993 (of which I haven’t been able to find images). She made the step into movies and has an impressive list of movies to her name. She won an Oscar for her role in the Aviator and was nominated four other times. Looking at her roles she’s an actress who can play anything and is able to transform her looks accordingly, reminding me of actor Gary Oldman who is excellent at that as well.

Overview roles movies Cate Blanchett

As for picking out my favorite I’ll have to go with one of my favourite movies of last year, Hanna.

What’s your favorite Cate Blanchett role?

• sati says:

Love the inclusion of Hot Fuzz in the pictures. I adore her, she was mesmerizing in Notes on a Scandal and Coffee and Cigarettes, but my favorite work by her is Elizabeth.

April 27, 2012 at 5:07 am

I really should see more of her movies as of the movies you mention I’ve only seen Coffee and Cigarettes and Hot Fuzz.

April 29, 2012 at 6:03 pm

One of the best female actors out there. This series gets better and better

April 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

Thanks Scott, you know I always take requests (if I think it is realistic to make one of them), so if you want to see others let me know.

April 29, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I like Cate’s performances when I see them but I can’t think of a standout. I remember both her and Judi dench being very good in Notes on a Scandal. She made an excellent elf in LOTR too.

April 27, 2012 at 10:18 am

Never seen Notes on a Scandal, is it worth checking out?

April 29, 2012 at 6:04 pm
  • Lesya says:

I love her films very much. She’s probably my second favorite actress working today (following Meryl Streep). My favorite film with her is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and my favorite role is her portrayal of Bob Dylan in I’m Not There. She was outstanding in that film, as well as in others. However, I can’t help mentioning that she is an awesome elf in the famous trilogy, and I’m really looking forward to The Hobbit.

April 27, 2012 at 2:43 pm

As you know I’m not a big fan of Streep, although she is a good actress. Looking forward to seeing The Hobbit.

April 29, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I swear she has a timeless face. It looks like she hasn’t aged a day in years!

Think her portrayal of Galadriel is one of my favourite. She commanded the screen when she was onscreen. Love her diversity.

April 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Yeah, it really is timeless, she doesn’t seem to age much either.

April 29, 2012 at 6:06 pm
  • Paul83NL says:

Nice overview. I think she’s one of the greatest and my favorite movie with her is without a doubt The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

April 28, 2012 at 11:33 am

Nice choice Paul!

April 29, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Oooh I LOVE this girl and I adore the main photo you used here. It’s hard to pick just one favorite roles as she’s just sooo good, but here’s my 7 favorite Blanchett performances: http://flixchatter.net/2011/05/14/seven-favorite-cate-blanchetts-performances/

April 30, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Thanks Ruth! I will be looking at that article :)

May 1, 2012 at 9:49 am