Movie Confession Blogathon: Thank you!

I’m thrilled that so many bloggers have joined the Movie Confessions blogathon. As I’m writing this close to 80 entries (including mine) have been posted and I’m still working my way through each and every one of them to comment on. I’m just stunned by success of this blogathon and happy you’ve all enjoyed this so much. Of course you can still send me new entries, I will keep updating the post.

Thank you all for participating and making it such a big success.

With so many confessions I was interested to see if there were some similarities between them and I’ve compared some of the questions (please note that when I calculated the statistics below there were about 75 entries), which has resulted in some interesting results.

When it comes to classic movies you don’t like, the winner is Gone With the Wind (14% of you), followed closely by 2001: A Space Oddyssey (10%). Others that were mentioned several times were Citizen Kane, Blade Runner, Apocalypse Now, 8 1/2, Godfather, Psycho and Spartacus. Just shows that not everyone agrees about classics.

I was surprised by the amount of people that have sneaked into another movie, 41% of you have done this! No wonder Hollywood is doing so badly ;)

Overview of the roles of Johnny Depp

As for overrated actors and actresses, the clear winners were Johny Depp (7%), George Clooney (6%), Will Ferrell(6%) for the actors and Meryl Streep and Angelina Jolie (both 6%) for the actresses.

Of the big directors Kurosawa (13%) was mentioned most, followed closely by Bergman(11%), Fellini (7%) and Chaplin 7%).

So what are your thoughts on these results? Did anything shock you?

• Bondo says:

I’m finally getting around to my contribution this weekend. None of my answers were listed in your statistics. :-)

August 2, 2012 at 8:33 am

Have been on holiday, so will add it soon…

August 21, 2012 at 2:58 pm
  • Brian says:

One of the more-fun blogathons I’ve been a part of recently. Thanks for putting it together! Glad to know I’m not the only person out there who’s a little sick of Ms. Streep!

August 2, 2012 at 9:06 am

Thanks for the kind words Brian, glad you joined! Haha…can’t help the way I feel about Streep :)

August 21, 2012 at 2:58 pm
  • Lesya says:

Interesting stats. Nothing shocks me. However, I hope that the 41% doesn’t sneak into the cinemas all the time :)

August 2, 2012 at 11:40 am

No, it doesn’t seem that that is the case Lesya :)

August 21, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Great stats. No shocks except that a few of the directors I really haven’t seen. Kudos on the blogathon and thanks for the invite. Proud to be a part of it. Now, to get around to commenting on at least some of othe other participants… ;-)

August 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Thanks Raghav. I still have a lot of commenting to do!

August 21, 2012 at 3:00 pm
  • Inspired Ground (@InspiredGround) says:

Aha :) I know that Gone With The Wind was too popular. I noticed people answered it too much. Perhaps the movie was pretty overrated back then.

I choose Will Ferrell too I suppose.

Great job, Nostra. Nice to hear the blogathon is such a success!

August 2, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I don’t know if it was overrated, it is an epic movie and for it’s time it must have been amazing…

Thanks for the kind words!

August 21, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Cool stats. I’m a bit disappointed that 2001 was mentioned so often, but I can understand why.

Congrats on another successful blogathon, Nostra!

August 2, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Thanks a lot Eric!

August 21, 2012 at 3:01 pm
  • AndyWatchesMovies says:

It was a great, simple blogathon. I had a great time writing mine and reading others. I’ve been brainstorming something similar to do, but I doubt it will be as huge of a hit!

August 2, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I guess that’s the reason it was such a succes. It’s alway hard to come up with a great idea for a blogathon, so hope you will find a good one…

August 21, 2012 at 3:02 pm
  • sati says:

Really great blogathon! Keep them coming, they are such fun to participate in!

August 2, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Thanks a lot sati, I’m always brainstorming about new ones…so when I have one which I think would be fun I’ll start the next one :)

August 21, 2012 at 3:02 pm
  • Josh says:

I loved this blogathon. Surprised so many people haven’t seen a Bergman film though.

August 3, 2012 at 1:11 am

Thanks Josh. I only saw my first Bergman film last year, so it didn’t surprise me…

August 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm
  • Jessica says:

What’s so great about this blogathon is that it’s so personal. It makes for interesting posts. I’m slowly getting back to reading the other contributions and I find that it’s a good read every time. You don’t get tired of it that easy. But then, is there anything better than hearing about other people’s shortcomings? It’s infinintely much more interesting than to read posts intended to boost people’s reputation as film expert.

August 3, 2012 at 9:33 am

Yeah, I think that’s one of the reasons people love it so much. People like talking about themselves and admitting some of their movie sins…I’m happy so many people were willing to do so!

August 21, 2012 at 3:04 pm
  • The Focused Filmographer says:

Congratulations Nostra! I am very pleased to hear of the success of yet another one of your fantastic blogathons! Great to see these results…that’s something that I often wish for in blogathon events is overall results or “highest rated post” or “funniest post” or “#1 answer” etc. Thanks for this summary and thanks for hosting another fun event!!

Well done. You deserve some great congratulations for reaching people all over the world as such.

August 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Thanks a lot T! This was the first time I thought about doing one of these summaries, nice to hear it is appreciated!

August 21, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Great job, Nostra! Thanks for hosting such an awesome blog-a-thon, curious to see what you’ll do next, you are the King of Blog Series after all :)

August 3, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Thanks ruth! I’m sure I’ll think of something!

August 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm
  • Anna (@MovieNut14) says:

I’m probably going to have my post up on Sunday. (It’s going to be hard with the “movies I haven’t seen” section though.)

August 3, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I will try to get around to it…got a lot of catching up to do after my holidays…

August 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm
  • Alex Withrow says:

Thanks for the stats, and thank YOU for starting the blogathon. Had a blast putting mine together.

August 6, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Thanks a lot Alex!

August 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm
  • Nic says:

Good job with the blogathon.

I guess now that I think of it, the stats do and don’t surprise me. Initially I wouldn’t be surprise. They make sense, but considering who is participating in the blogathon, it is kind of surprising.

August 8, 2012 at 5:02 am

Thanks Nic…just shows that movie bloggers are just like normal people ;)

August 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm